The Canadian Pharmacist Benefits Association (CPBA) is managed and operated for the sole benefit of pharmacists belonging to our provincial member associations, and works to provide you with the best Malpractice Insurance Coverage
We're excited to announce
our new Webinar Series!
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS INSURANCE 101 WEBINAR - CPBA WEBINAR SERIES
click here for complete details
Well Planned, Well Prepared!
Think about it – bad things happen, even to good pharmacists. That’s why you want to protect yourself, and we can help. We have developed a professional errors and omissions policy that has been well planned, so you are well prepared.
We are the Canadian Pharmacists Benefits Association (CPBA):
- We are managed and operated for the sole benefit of provincial member associations, and we work to provide you with the best Malpractice Insurance Coverage available
- All of our constituents may benefit from the CPBA-sponsored policy through their membership in their provincial advocacy association
- One of our major goals is to provide education on the importance of insurance to your practice and the value of different types of insurance
The world of insurance can be difficult to understand – for this reason, we have developed a policy that meets the particular needs of pharmacists. Our policy includes:
- Duty to Defend – the insurer is your partner in your defence
- Scope of coverage – your coverage under this policy automatically includes everything in the scope of practice for your province; as your scope of practice changes, the coverage expands to include new activities
- Standard territory – normally, the territory is for claims first brought against you within Canada. However, the policy includes optional coverage for claims first brought in the United States
- Claims made extended reporting periods – for retirees, we offer an option to extend the reporting period for claims: subject to your continuing payment of premiums for retired members, the reporting period is continuous as long as CPBA maintains the policy; should CPBA cancel or discontinue the policy, the reporting period is for a further three years
- Deductibles and limits – based upon the offering in your province, you can select the deductibles and limits that best suit you
- Individual limits – not shared limits. Thus, the limit of liability on your policy is yours alone, and not affected by other policy payments
Our member associations are the Alberta Pharmacists’ Association (RxA), the Pharmacists Manitoba, the Prince Edward Island Pharmacists Association (PEIPA) and the Pharmacists Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (PANL). If you live in one of these provinces and are not a member of its association, you can visit their websites by clicking on the appropriate logo below and inquire about the benefits of membership.